Monday, July 23, 2018

TIRED HEAD

I got the backing and the top loaded onto Eduard yesterday.  I got out some batting - a twin sized Dream Cotton Select White.  It's 72" by 90".  Frolic is 75" square.  Hmmm.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I couldn't see using a bigger size bat.  I thought about stretching it out to fit - knowing I'd probably have troubles about half way into it.  Darrell came up and said,  why don't you add some to the sides?   Hmmm.   Good idea.  I don't usually do that, but I can't think of a reason not to.

So, this morning I cut two 5" strips off the bottom.  Took them over to the Bernina, sewed them end to end then brought the whole bat over and proceeded to sew them back onto the short side.   

That's what happens when you don't get enough sleep. 

So I cut it off, made double sure I turned the bat a quarter turn and sewed it on the side this time.  It was actually easy to tell, because the dimples were going in opposing directions.    Okay.

I got some good work done.


I used a computer motif for the corners.  It was too small and left some blank spots, so I free-motioned to fill it in.  



No comments:

Post a Comment