Monday, March 18, 2019

ROAD TRIP

I made a trip out to Gossypium Quilt Shop in Issaquah.  I know they have lots of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and I need some more solids for my Pi quilt.  

I was wrong - they have lots of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, but very little of the Shot solids.  I found only two darks that I could use.  I bought some fabrics to use for the back of United Square of America, too.  When I got home I ordered some shot solids from Oakshott Fabrics in the UK.  [Wishing I had bought some while at Quiltcon - I didn't even see their booth and didn't remember I missed them until I was back home!].

On the way back I couldn't help but take another picture of this overpass - someday I'll make a painting of it.  It's one of my favorites.


It was a beautiful day, the Olympics were beautiful!


Gossypium Quilt Shop will be closing probably at the end of April unless someone steps up and buys it.  It will be a great loss.  Quiltworks in  Bellevue is closing about the same time.  There won't be many quilt shops left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment