Thursday, February 23, 2023

FIRST DAY OF QUILTCON 2023

 I spent my first day at Quiltcon 2023 in the Small World Workshop with Tara Faughnan.  Quiltcon is being held in a building right next to the hotel.  It was about a 10 minute walk.  Some of the signage left a bit to be desired though.  It was a winding path up stairs, down escalators, down long hallways and through lobbies and more escalators, turn here, turn there.  Follow the crowd.



It was a super workshop.  I loved every minute.  The nuggets of information from Tara were coming almost faster than I could write them down.  

When people asked me after what I thought of the class, my response was, "It changed my life."  And I meant it.  It has.

Wow.

And, the other great thing in this workshop was I finally met some friends I've only known on zoom.  We hugged - it was great.  Ethylene and I agreed to make one section of Small World every day for the #100dayproject.  We're already behind since that started a few days ago.  I'll have some catching up to do when I get home.

Afterwards, Ethylene and I walked through the show a bit.  She left me alone for a few minutes and I went into the Vendor Mall.  I broke my vow to not buy any fabrics.  I couldn't help myself!  I don't get a chance to buy African fabrics very often - and it was only 4 FQs.


Then we went looking for my quilt, Blissfully.



Later, a lot of us from Brave Patch meet for dinner at Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint, a short walk from the hotel.  It was fun meeting everyone, but difficult to talk - the music was too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment