Saturday, February 11, 2023

STACK N CUT CURVES WORKSHOP

This weekend is the Stack-n-Cut Curves Workshop with Sherri Lynn Wood.  The guest speaker was supposed to be Irene Roderick, but she was not feeling well and couldn't attend.

Sherri showed us how to stack our shirt sleeves so we could get some mirror-imaged shapes.  Then she showed some methods for sewing curves.

I thought I understood, but when using prints it's more difficult.  And I had a difficult time with it.  I never did figure it out.  Maybe I should stick to solids that are two-sided.

My plan when I began was to use just my stack of greens and light greens, plaids and neutrals.  But I thought they looked a bit blah.  So I made another set with some fabrics with  brighter colors, one being Kona Pickle.  

I didn't think the two sets would work together, but they do.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment