Tuesday, October 03, 2023

LANSING MICHIGAN CAPITAL

 I was up and headed to Lansing, the state capital.  I wanted to visit the building before it got too busy. I even found a parking spot right next to the building.

I went in a little after 8am.  There were not many people, but lots of police.  Apparently, there was going to be a rally in a bit.  I wanted to be out of there before that started.  I went up to the highest floor I could and worked my way down.

It’s a beautiful building, very monumental, and clean. 


This is what greeted me, they are doing renovations.

The whole of the dome was filled with scaffolding.  They are cleaning and restoring the artwork.

The Supreme Court room.

The Senate from the gallery

Ceiling of the Senate 

I headed down the stairs.

The Senate floor with wool carpeting.



Beautifully carved, massive staircases.

The flag was at half-staff in honor of the passing of Senator Diane Feinstein of California


No comments:

Post a Comment