Sunday, October 01, 2023

PICTURED ROCKS

 When I left Keweenaw yesterday, I had to drive all the way to Ishpeming to find a room for the night.  Everywhere was sold out.  

But, that left me in good position for Pictured Rocks today.  First stop was into Marquette to get coffee at the only Starbucks I’ve seen since I left Minneapolis.  Yes, I know, I’m hooked.  But it’s an indulgence I allow myself.  

Then I went to the Visitors Center in Munising, got my stamp and bought a lifetime pass to the parks, to replace the one I lost.  I took a walk up to Munising Falls with the rest of the tourists.





I drove up to Hurricane River intending to walk up to the Au Sable Lighthouse, but I was attacked by mosquitoes, because I had no repellant.  I turned around and went back to the car.  I couldn’t see sitting and sketching in a cloud of mosquitoes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment