Thursday, February 08, 2024

BERNINA 770 ALTERED

 I discussed this with my Bernina Dealer and today I took my 770QE in to get it altered.

I've been disappointed with the machine for several reasons.  But, I also love some of it's features.

The thing I thought was giving me grief was the 9mm wide feed dogs.  They just were not made to sew scant 1/4" seam allowances.  I thought about buying a different machine.  But, I realized there was a Bernina 720 that is exactly the same, but has 5.5mm feed dogs.  After discussing it with the technician, we concluded that the feed dogs could be switched out.  So we did.

I now have 5.5mm feed dogs on my 770.  And it seems to be working great!  No more sucking the fabric down.  No more not pulling the fabric through.  No more not sewing straight.  I just have to remember to not ask it to zigzag at 9mm wide!

I'm happy.


Plus, she showed me how and where to clean the lint from the bobbin area.  


No comments:

Post a Comment