Saturday, February 24, 2024

QUILTCON SATURDAY

 I started the day, early at 7am, volunteering a shift until 10am.  I worked in the ticket booth.  People came by to pick up their prepaid tickets or to purchase a day pass.

We started out by tearing the bracelets sheets apart.  I was told they were expecting to sell 1700 today!

I gave each a bracelet for their wrist which would get them into the show.  I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of husbands and companions that were accompanying their quilter.


Then I was off to a lecture about writing Artist's Statements by Robert Bosscher.  It was more informative than I thought it would be and I'm glad I took it.  I will look at artist's statements differently now.


The Featured Speaker this year is Jacqui Gehring.  It was amazing.  The whole house was brought to tears by her emotional talk.  Amazing.

Me, Ethylene and Claudia sat together.

Then, I took another spin around the quilts.  But, somehow ended up in the Vendor Mall, again.  I might have a bit of room left in my suitcase.

Another of the patient but bored companions that was dragged to the show.




No comments:

Post a Comment