Thursday, February 22, 2024

QUILTCON THURSDAY

 First day of Quiltcon in Raleigh.  There were so many people!  I was volunteering at the Merchandise Booth from 8am to 10am.  It was non-stop.  I heard they ran out of tote bags before the show opened at 10am.





The big award winners - Ethylene's is right there!

Here is the Best of Show quilt.

"What We Will Use As Weapons:  School Supplies" 
made by Ginny Robinson of Chapel Hill, NC

The back of the quilt

It was so wonderful meeting up with my BravePatch Friends.  We mostly just meet on zoom every week.  Some of them I had never met in real life.  I met Claudia for the first time.

Some of us went out to dinner at a great Lebonese restaurant, Sitti.  The waiter had better things to do, but the food was excellent.  They gave us a postcard with the history of the restaurant and I included it into my sketch.

Dinner with Ethylene, Kim, Robin and Maggie.


No comments:

Post a Comment