Saturday, September 09, 2017

THE NINTH

Today is 9/9 and I finished my 9th quilt on my longarm.  

I love this quilt.  The colors and the pattern are fabulous.  The back is even special, and I must say, I'm happy with the quilting.

The only thing I regret is there is no label.  This is probably the first quilt I've made that doesn't have a name and doesn't have a label.

One half of the back

The other half of the pieced back.

The pantograph, Rosie, quilted.

The quilt with no name.
The afternoon ended with a nice sense of accomplishment.
The morning started out pretty bad.
I went up to the studio with the intent to finish the Fireflies.  I started sewing the next parts on, cutting off the extra corners as instructed on the top part of the wings.  As I started to begin the bottom part of the wings, I realized I had left out one piece on the upper wings. One piece that should have been added before I put the corner pieces on. I was devastated.  I thought I had ruined the wings and would have to remake them completely.  I quickly figured out that they could be salvaged.  And since there is no point to hand-wringing, I started picking out the mistakes to re-do.  I did have to re-cut some new parts, since the parts I had messed up wouldn't work.
Wrong.

Cutting out new parts.

Reverse sewing - there's only 16 that need to be redone.
I stopped when I got back to the point were I had started in the morning, but with the left out part added on, so I couldn't re-do my error tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment