Tuesday, September 05, 2017

THISTLES TODAY

Too hot and smokey to go out today.  There was ash all over everything from the fires in the Cascades.  The sky was overcast with yellow haze making the light very eerie.

I spent most of the day upstairs in my overheated studio working on another Fancy Forest block.  Today was the Thistle block.  I got them done right after lunch and didn't want to start another block.  



I found this beast snoozing in my leftover batting box.  Jax is such a stinker. 


 Yesterday he had his Invisible Fence collar on all day because Darrell had the shop door open to the driveway to try and keep the shop cooler.  Both of the dogs steer clear of that open door, knowing they'll get zapped if they try to go out of it.  So, this morning I didn't bother putting their collars on since they are so leery of that open door.  Jax apparently knows when he has the collar on and when he doesn't... and when he doesn't that open door is an invitation to freedom.  When he saw that door open this morning he made a beeline out and up the driveway.  Luckily, Darrell was at the end of the driveway and stopped him from escaping.  I took him back into the house and put his collar on - he steered clear of the open door after that.  He's too smart for his britches.

I figured it was time to load up the machine with another quilt.  I brought out a quilt top that was probably pieced about 15 years ago.  It was a BOM from our quilt shop Pieces.  I think my sister Sue might have originally started this.  I know I finished it and made the back for it years ago.  Its all been in a bag just waiting to be quilted.  


Beautiful fabrics in blue and browns.  I'm just going to do a pantograph since the quilting will be hard to see with all that pattern going on.

I got it all loaded and ready to start on first thing tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment