Saturday, October 27, 2018

MORE BLOCKS DONE

I'm still putting together some of the Carolinas blocks.

I had already cut out the pieces and had them on the wall.  Since I've decided I'm happy with them, I'm sewing them together.  I'm not sure if this is procrastinating making the next few or what.


The Tower block.

Fashioned after a Tower at Biltmore in Asheville NC

I was really excited to sew this next on together.  It has curves and ends up being a circle.  Very cool.  I'm glad I left it unfinished for a while, because I ended up changing the color of the melon.  It looks better now.

Porcupined melon.

Very slow and careful stitching.

The finished melon part.

The Dome block

The inner dome at the capital building in Columbia SC.


The next block is a close-up one of the lamps outside the main  entrance to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC.  I love how all of the points came together and the y-seams worked!  That doesn't always happen for me.

A close-up - look at those points!

The Lamp block.


The actual lamp.

The main entrance to Biltmore, with the lamps on the sides.

Then it was the Stairs block. 

The Stairs block.


The stairs at the Nathan Russell house in Charleston SC.

And finally, the block that has been bothering me.  Here it is after I changed alot of the colors.

I'm hesitant to say what this one is fashioned after, but what the heck.  It's the back end of the harness and Rowdy's tail.  




Come on Mom!  No more sewing - let's go to the park!



No comments:

Post a Comment