Wednesday, October 17, 2018

TWO MORE

Saw this on my morning walk at Lincoln Park:

October Love


I got two more of the Carolinas quilt blocks cut out today.

First, the 'Harness' block, was an easy one with big pieces.



I was hesitant to start the next one, 'Carriage Ride' - it has little round pieces, which I knew were going to be difficult.  But, I can't avoid it forever, so I jumped in.

I went ahead and pieced together one of the circles to see how it would work.
It turned out all right!  I hand stitched the pieces together first, with contrasting thread, then sewed it on the machine and picked out the basting thread.  


Here's the block so far.



I had to finish up for the day.  I got most of the pieces pinned to the template and up on the wall.

After staring at it for a while, I made some changes.  The dark purple on the Turret block bothered me, so I changed it out to 'Gumdrop' a light purple.





No comments:

Post a Comment