Wednesday, December 12, 2018

BATTING ENLARGEMENT

In order to quilt my Modern Fans quilt, which is 56" by 56" I had to piece together some batting.  The only bat I had was 60" by 46".  Luckily, I had a big enough scrap.  I sewed a 14" piece onto the short side.  It will just be big enough now.  (I hope).

I used a nice wide zigzag on my new Bernina.  

I got everything loaded up on Eduard (my A-1 longarm) and started a pantograph going.  While that was working, I cut the sashing strips for my City Sampler quilt.

I figured I'd mark pencil lines across the width of the fabric to make it easier to line everything up.   Then cut all of the strips.    It worked out great.

Marking pencil lines to line up the seams across the width.

Then cutting all of the sashing strips.



No comments:

Post a Comment