Tuesday, December 18, 2018

FIXED IT

I took my Modern Fans I quilt off the machine the other day, trimmed it up and then....

I turned it over and  noticed the horror on the back.

I hadn't checked the last bobbin's tension and I paid the price.


Actually, it was a partial bobbin I had put in.  I had wound two bobbins for this quilt, figuring that would be enough.  I had just one half row left in the pantograph when the last bobbin expired.  So, I figured I could use a partial bobbin of the same color left over from a previous project.  [Always nice to use use up the excess thread and free up a bobbin.]  I assumed [I know, never assume] that the tension would be fine since I had used it on some other project - so I didn't check the tension.  I just wanted to get it done.  And I did and I removed it from the machine and cut the excess off and squared it up before I noticed the tension problem.

So, I've been stewing about it for the last several days.  I was fretting about how to add fabric back to it so I could pin it back on the machine.  Then there was the worry about getting the pantograph lined up correctly.  It all sounded like too much.  Several times I had just decided to heck with it - I'd leave it as is.  Then I'd think, no!  You can't leave it like that!  

I made the binding and was about to put it on the other day when I decided that I had to fix it.  So, this morning, while on our morning walk, I came up with idea to re-quilt it on my new Bernina (with my new walking foot).

I picked out the bad stuff.  That went really fast - it was very loose on the back.  

Using the holes left from the previous quilting, I was able to easily re-quilt it.  They were all straight lines, so the walking foot worked perfectly.



With that done, I put the binding on, sewing it down with the Bernina on the back and then onto the front.



So, now it is done.  And I feel good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment