Monday, November 11, 2019

JOE RETREAT DAY ONE

Of course, I got up early.  I took my sketching bag downstairs to the main room and sketched the fireplace while somewhat in the dark.



One of the best things about this retreat is the great food we receive here at St. Andrew's Retreat house.  The chef, Tracy, believes in eating local, organic, wholesome foods.  He makes a great effort to supply gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and now keto for those with dietary needs.  Yum, yum.


Our first assignment was to make a 24" by 24" composition, using only three fabrics, showing a transition from one color to another.

We started by just randomly cutting the fabric into pieces and then sewing them together.

I enjoyed this immensely.  I just grabbed one of the fat quarters blindly from the bag, then added some of the fabrics I had brought along to go with it.  


Our workroom.

This is mine.  That blue is the random print - I think a bigger print would have worked better.
 Here are some pictures of what some of the others did:








No comments:

Post a Comment