Thursday, March 31, 2022

WAITING SKETCH

 I took Darrell to a clinic for an appointment where they would be knocking him out for a short time.  They said he'd be with them for about two hours.  So, I ran down to Renton to pay for my new longarm frame.  I wrote a check this time, because it was such a hassle with the debit card last time.  (over the daily limit issues).

After that was done, I swung through Renton - oh my, it has really changed since I've lived there.  I stopped at the little quilt store on 3rd, Wyldwood Creative.  I figured I could spend a little money to help her out.  I know, I know, I don't need any fabric, but you gotta keep these little local stores open!  I did find a few things, mostly Ruby Star Society stuff, so everyone was happy.  I was also delighted to see a little cabinet out in front of the store that said 'Little Free Craft Cabinet' on it.  I went back to the car and grabbed some of Sue's 'coloring books' that I've been carrying around.  I put them in the cabinet.  Hopefully, someone will give them a good home.  I still have more to distribute around, too.

I headed back to the clinic to wait.  I brought my sketching bag so I could sketch while I waited.  I stayed in my car and sketched the car across from me.  It got my attention immediately because it was parked on the line - I hate that!

I just realized I love sketching on these little postcards.  There's no pressure to make a masterpiece, like I feel when sketching in a sketchbook.  Fun!


P.S. Darrell is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment