Friday, May 08, 2015

LAYING BEGINS

This morning I went down to my favorite rental center, White Center Rentals (love this place), and picked up a Plate Compactor.  Heavy bastard.  Darrell helped me unload it and get it running, but I ran it up and back on my walkway quite a few times.  It kicked my butt.  It almost got away from me a few times.  And when all was said and done, I don't think I really needed it.  Live and learn.  What a chore getting it back into the pickup.  Thankfully, Darrell has a forklift of sorts (Big Joe) that we used.

Then the fun began.  Darrell made some new jigs for me so I could skreed the sand to the proper level.  After that it was just a matter of laying the pavers down, one by one.

There was a lot of wheelbarrowing of sand and pavers, but it went pretty fast.


The first pavers laid.

and a few more...

Starting into the slanted area...

This is where I stopped for the day.

This is what I have left to do of the walkway.
Everytime I went out to the driveway to get more sand or pavers, I walked by our big Rhododendren that is blooming the most fragrant white flowers.  It was intoxicating.  It made the day most pleasant.



I'm sore and bruised and battered, and somehow I managed to get one little blister on my hand.  But, this is greatly satisfying work.




2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Don't overdo it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late...I'm battered and bruised. But I have a week to heal up before I start in again. (I have a strange work schedule).

    ReplyDelete