Sunday, May 24, 2015

OLD POOL IS EMPTIED

Spent a few hours this afternoon shoveling the rocks out of the old plastic pool.  It confuses me as to why whoever put this pond in put in a three foot deep pool, then filled it with rocks.
I also struggled trying to get that fern out of there.  I started out trying to be gentle and save as much roots as possible.  But after fighting with it for a while, I gave up and started hacking at it until it was out and I was bruised and battered.  There was still a substantial amount of root mat.  I took it out to the front yard and planted it in it's new home and wished it luck.  It is a very nice fern.  Live long and prosper.



Lots of mud and rocks.

Darrell came and helped, too.

Here's what it looked like after - fern gone.

Pond empty, now I need to get it out of the ground.

There are still a lot of rocks to move, including the very large one above.  I'm worried it's going to fall into that pond hole - and we'd never get it out!
Once I get the rocks moved, I can start digging the old pond out of there.


No comments:

Post a Comment