Tuesday, February 07, 2017

EMBROIDERY THREAD

Okay, so I went a little crazy.

The Splendid Sampler has quite a few blocks that have embroidery on them.  I used to do cross-stitch in a former life, so I had a few boxes of thread, but I'll be damned if I can find them.  I've spent several hours looking in all the places they could be hiding to no avail.

So, I looked on the interweb, and lo, I could get an assortment of colors for under $10. I ordered some and waited anxiously for two days until they arrived.  I was thrilled until I realized there weren't any yellows.  I have no idea what colors I will need for these upcoming embroidery blocks, but I had to have yellows!

So, I ordered another set.  This is the set I should have bought in the first place.  But I didn't see it the first time round.  This second set was 240 skeins, two of each color, but the colors were fantastic!

I don't need two skeins of each color, but I ordered them anyway along with plastic boxes and spools.

I spooled up one set or colors - the other set I think I'll give to his grandkids or something.

I love all these colors - !!


Here's the first block I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment