Friday, February 17, 2017

LOTS DONE TODAY

After a very invigorating walk with the dogs at Lincoln Park I went up to the studio and re-arranged the bouquet the DH bought me for Valentine's Day.  I pared it down to just a few flowers so it would fit on my small canvas.
I finally opened the oil paints I had bought last year and spent a great two hours painting.
I don't think it's done yet.


Then I hung up my Grandmother's Flower Garden Blocks on the wall.  I want to see how big it will be and whether I should add hexagons or triangles in between the blocks.  Looks like it will be hexagons.  Now I just have to decide what color hexagons, black or white?  
Also, it looks like I might not have enough blocks.  I still have 3 or 4 ready to make, but it appears I might be short a few.  The problem is the center hex uses all the same fabric, which I don't have any more of.


After lunch I worked on my Splendid Sampler blocks.  I ironed the appliqued gulls and the quilt shop block and made the other two today.  This is such fun!
The Family Stars block took a long time, lots of small parts.


The quilt shop block is modeled after my own quilt shop, Pieces.  It's like the sign we had in the window, but in this one the star above the 'i' doesn't show up well.  I may need to amend it.

Since he's out of town, I'm making pizza for myself for dinner.  Yum.
There should be enough leftovers to take to work tomorrow for my dinner there.


No comments:

Post a Comment