Saturday, September 30, 2023

ADVENTURE BEGINS

 I left Madeline Island yesterday afternoon and stopped at the Visitors Center to get a stamp for my National Parks passport that I wasn’t able to get the other day. 

Then I headed south for an hour to the only hotel I was able to book, in Ashland. On the way, I stopped at Whittlesey Creek National Wildlife Refuge for a short, one mile loop walk. 





The next morning I was off to Keweenaw National Park. It was a bit of a drive.  I arrived at the visitors center in Calumet around 11:00am. I talked to the Ranger there and got some suggestions on what to do and see in my limited time there.  I walked around the town and enjoyed the old buildings.  I sat and sketched the old fire station turned museum.  At 12:30 the siren on top of the building went off and startled me!  It was very loud!





Then I headed north to Eagle Harbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment