Sunday, September 10, 2023

THIS MONTH'S UFO

 This month's UFO Challenge project is another old one, called Hugs and Kisses.  It was probably made in the late 90's.  I hand-appliqued these Xs and Os onto the squares.  The fabrics are a heavy flannel and woven plaids, all of them from Clothworks.  I usually really dislike flannel, but these are pretty nice.  Found along with the top was a pile of the fabrics I had  used.  There were big pieces, maybe one third yard cuts.

The top was 44" by 56" as found.  I want it to be bigger.  So, the easiest way was to add another border.  I decided to cut all of the extra fabrics into 4-1/2" squares and add them around the outside.


I was only able to sew the top and bottom rows on before the dogs insisted on leaving.




No comments:

Post a Comment