Friday, September 01, 2023

QUILTING PROBLEMS

 I setup a pantograph and started Erik quilting on Tractor Beam.

Then it was one thing after another.  First of all, Erik really hates quilting right-to-left, so he shredded the thread every chance he got.   I even changed from Aurifil to Wonderfil thread because it's 3-ply and a little thicker.  That reduced the number of shreddings a bit, but didn't eliminate them.

Then the sew-head went black, the lights went out and it stopped. That scared the heck out of me!   So on a walk-around I discovered the plug on the back had worked its way out.  I plugged it in, restarted, and got him working again.  Phew.

THEN, the darn hopping foot, #74 with a plastic cup, broke!  Good grief, I guess I'm lucky the needle didn't run over it and jam up the machine.


I gave up for the day, and went to join the Brave Patch Finish it Friday get-together.

I made this week's Art East Quilting Mini block, #35, The Thread.




No comments:

Post a Comment