Saturday, September 23, 2023

MINNEAPOLIS

 I got my rental car and headed to the Mississippi River National Recreation Area Visitors Center in St. Paul.  It was in a large building housed by a Science Museum, where I was greeted by a large dinosaur.



The Ranger suggested I go across the River to Harriet Park to sketch.  There were two different wedding parties in the park, shooting photos of the wedding party.  

I found a nice place to sit and sketch this boat, which is a bed and breakfast apparently. 


Then I headed to the state capital, but when I got there it was just closing.  I did get a photo though.


Down the street was the church I had seen while sketching.  I headed there to investigate.   It is the Saint Paul Cathedral.



Then I headed north to visit the St Croix National Scenic Riverway.  I got my passport stamped and explored around a but.  I spent the night nearby.










 


No comments:

Post a Comment