Saturday, August 11, 2018

SPIDER IN THE POND

In the morning, I went with Darrell to a meeting of the Contemporary QuiltArt Guild, where he gave a speech called, "From Pike Place Market to the World Wide Web".

When  I got home I joined the guild.  They look very interesting.

Later:

There was this huge spider on a lily pad in the pond.  It had to be 2-1/2" across it's legs.

I don't like spiders.  I appreciate that their job is to eat bugs, but I don't like spiders.

I usually don't kill them though.

So I was conflicted about this guy.  He got himself into this predicament, I didn't think I was obligated to help.  But, I eventually felt guilty not rescuing it, but I don't like spiders.



I put a shoe string down so he/she could climb out.  Hopefully, he/she can walk across the net without falling in again.  






UPDATE:  the next morning he/she was not on the lily pads - no sign of it.  Hopefully, good karma will keep me from encountering it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment