Saturday, March 20, 2021

MY PROJECT

 I worked on the quilting on Suspended a bit this morning, but became frustrated and quit.  I just don't see a plan.  I'm not sure how I want to quilt it.  

Instead, I began drawing a new design using Jenny Haynes technique for making skinny strips on drunkard's path blocks.  I riffed off her new pattern, Kenny and Dolly quilt,  and created something similar but different.

I started making a few blocks.  There was some unsewing and cussing involved.  I finally broke down and re-read her instructions.  That helped.  I think I'm going to need to make these skinny strips skinnier - so more unsewing (or remaking) will be involved.  I need to go order more of these fabrics.


Since it was started today, on the Spring Equinox, I'm naming it Equinox.  

It's also International Quilting Day.  I sometimes wish I had a place to display a quilt to share with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment