Sunday, November 13, 2022

TORRENT QUILTED

 I finally finished the quilting on the Torrent quilt.  There's been nothing but problems.  First off, the thread!  Does anyone else have trouble with Aurifil.  I seem to have thread breaks all the time, on both of my machines.  There was at least three thread breaks per row on this pantograph -  through the whole quilt - all the way to the end.  Then on the third row, while I wasn't watching, the hopping foot caught the batting on the edge and got all tangled up with it.  By the time I saw it and stopped it, it was too late.  The repairman came out about 12 days later and said it had bent the needle bar.  He replaced it and didn't charge me since it was still under warranty.  So, I started it up again.  I just wanted it finished and off the machine.  The thread breaks continued.  It was very slow going. 

But, it's done!



2 comments:

  1. Cindy Galliger4:31 PM

    Wow, that's a lot of thread breaks!! Glad you were able to complete it and move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, me too! It can be so frustrating sometimes.

      Delete