Tuesday, October 08, 2024

OLDIES BUT GOODIES

 We are rearranging furniture and getting rid of some to make room.  One of the things that wasn't needed was a quilt rack.  But, I'm keeping the quilts.  Here are four older quilts that have been hanging on that quilt rack for quite a while.

This first one is one I made right after the opening of Pieces Quilt Shop in Renton.  There were very few customers and I had time to sew.  This was made from the first collection of fabrics I bought for the store. 

It is titled "All That Madders" made in 1996. 65-1/2" x 83"


The back - 


The next is one of my favorites, made from Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons.  I love how they are so soft.  This pattern was taken straight from one of his books.  It is titled "Square Diamond Quilt", made in 2003. 79"x86"


Even the back is Kaffe fabric.

This one was made from fabrics I collected while we were visiting Denver Colorado in 2009.  I made and finished the quilt in 2011.  78"x90"


Backing made from leftovers and some hand dyes I made for it.


Then there's this one.  It has no label ! 
I know I had these diamonds cut out and laying about for quite a few years before I sewed them together.  It is 95" x 95", too big for my design wall, so it's curled down to the floor.





I appliqued the leftover diamonds onto the backing.













No comments:

Post a Comment