Sunday, February 09, 2014

29 FACES - DAY 9

[My challenge is to draw a face from the front page of the Seattle Times from that day.]

Today is Sunday, the paper is big.  There was a cute story on the front page that had something to do with young girls in some sort of camp.  The pictures didn't show the faces very well.  So I perused the rest of the paper, then went back to page one.  There was a little teeny picture of a very interesting looking guy.  And I love the way the photo was cropped.  Here he is.

I filled up my Lamy fountain pen (my fingers are inky even now) and used that to sketch him, then embellished him with layers of watercolors.  I had a dark almost black behind him, and several hours later I went back and covered that with Alizarin Crimson.  Much better now.


This was drawn from an uncredited photo in the Seattle Sunday Times, February 9, 2014 written by a Seattle Times writer (I forgot to write his name down and the paper has been recycled already).


1 comment: