Tuesday, May 05, 2020

29/100

I finished off yesterday's blocks and also did three more.




Today was very busy again.  I ordered the treated lumber for the deck - it will be ready to pick up tomorrow.  

Today was the day the lumber for the decking was to be delivered (Tigerwood).  They had told us we'd have two hours to unload it.  So, when they called and said the truck would be here in an hour I drove down to Home Depot and hired two guys to come and help unload all of that lumber.  

Then when the truck showed up the driver said there was a forklift on the way.  A few minutes later, another truck shows up with a forklift.  We all stood around and watched as he offloaded it and push it all down to the end of the driveway.  

I told the workers I had other work if they were interested.  So, we had them move Darrell's elliptical machine down from my studio (he's going to sell it).  Then they moved the heavy cement planter for me.  I then told them they could move that pile of dirt left from the pond project (from 5 years ago!) that was undercover in the front yard.  I had them wheelbarrow it and dump it under the deck, where it can live unseen.  Yoohoo!  I wasn't looking forward to doing that myself.  So, it was so worth it to me.  They were very hard workers.




No comments:

Post a Comment