Saturday, May 30, 2020

54/100

Saturday -  we woke to very heavy rain and then a loud thunderstorm.  There was heavy rain all day.    No work on the deck today, so I spent most of the day in the studio.  

I got the back made for the scrap quilt.  In order to do that I had to make a label, which meant I needed a name.  I went with "Motley Quad".  I used the thesaurus to find a synonym for scrap, hence motley.  Quad just represents that the pieces are squares.   

I had ordered these fabrics online from Gossypium Quilt Shop.  They were on sale.  I went with this Kaffe Fassett fabric in the yellow - when it got here I wished I had gone with the blue.  Oh, well.  It's a lot of yellow!




I got four more triangle blocks made for my #100dayproject 2020.



I loaded the Motley Quad quilt onto the longarm, Eduard, to baste it, since I wanted to quilt a large spiral (circles) on to it.  [That can't be done on a longarm and I will be quilting it on my big Bernina.]  What a pain that turned out to be.  The machine was not cooperating.  It would stitch a few inches then the needle would raise lower and lower after every stitch until it wasn't clearing the quilt and then jamming up.  But I eventually got it done turning a single stitch off and on, off and on.  It probably took twice as long as it should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment