Monday, May 18, 2020

42/100

We got a few more boards down on the deck today.  The first one went on really easily, then we realized that he hadn't made another long enough to fit in the next position, which is about the longest part of the deck.  So, we paused while he went to join more boards to make one to fit.

While he was doing that, I went upstairs and worked on my #100dayproject2020, sewing scraps from my scrap bucket onto a triangular foundation.  I made four today:


I put those away because I really wanted to see about sewing some of these 2-1/2" squares into blocks:



I want to sew the little squares into blocks using a different colored solid for each block as the alternate squares.

Then, it was back to work.  We placed the long one he had just made, then instead of making another in the shop, he decided to join the boards in place on the deck.  


We got the first part of the next board down, and he ran out of steam.  So we cleaned up and stopped for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment