Saturday, December 10, 2011

CITY OF THE WORLD


I finally finished my block for the City of the World Project by Maria Arango of Reno, Nevada.  She organizes these Monumental Puzzle Print Projects (and blogs about them).  This is the first one I've been involved in.  

She's a dynamo.

Basically, she plans a large puzzle print, cuts out the pieces of the puzzle, mails them out to participants, who carve an image into them and mail them back to her.  She then puts the pieces back together, inks it up and prints up enough prints for everyone, then mails each participant a print.  Sounds easy, huh?  Pah!

You never know what you'll get in the end, and you have to put your trust in a lot of people to follow through, but boy, what a payoff in the end.

I'm secretly hoping I can make myself available to go down and help her with the printing this year. I don't know how much help I'd be, but I'd sure learn a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment