Saturday, January 21, 2012

LAST ROWS ON WINTER QUILT

As I started putting the last blocks up on the wall, I realized I didn't have enough variety.

Arrrrgh.  It was back to making more blocks.

I hate going backwards, but I only needed a few and I had lots of parts, and it only was a short set-back.

Having a few extra blocks to pick from really made a big difference in how it looks anyway.

I started the day so excited about getting it finished, but it seemed like there was set-back after set-back.  Just little things, like breaking a thread, spilling water all over everything....you know, annoying little things, and I think I'm still tired from the big push yesterday.   And, I'm tired of being in the house all the time - I need a good walk!
Enough whining.

Here it is, too big to fit on my work wall, so it's flowing down onto the floor.

This is Connecticut Winter Quilt:  (the top)



I really am liking how it turned out.


Hours today sewing were only 3.5, and 1.5 hours dyeing some fabrics for the back.  That brings the grand total to date to:


drum roll, please...


76 hours!


Turns out, the sun came out this afternoon, and Lucy and I were able to get to the park for a very nice walk.  Boy, did I need it.  Lucy wasn't too happy about the snow and ice, and her muddy belly.



No comments:

Post a Comment