Friday, August 07, 2020

FLOWERS BACKING

 I pulled out my old project (from last year) FLOWERS.  The top is done, and I have a pile of fabrics and scraps waiting to be made into a backing.  I had purchased new fabrics for the backing, too.  I have two yards of a Tula Pink that is the same pinks and purples as the Kona solids used on the front.  And two yards of a dark grey with little pink clouds with rain and lightning, which I thought was perfect for a flower quilt.

The quilt top is 48" by 71" which means that the two yard lengths wouldn't be quite long enough.  I cut the grey cloud fabric in half the long way and inserted these pieces I made from the adding machine tape covered with the scraps from the front (I love these!).  I put the label on the light pink fabric in the middle of one of the pieces.

There was enough of the Tula Pink fabric that I could just add a bit of itself to itself to make it long enough.  Here's the finished backing:

Now I'm worried that the label is too wide and part of it will get cut off!  Oh, no!

No comments:

Post a Comment