Wednesday, August 12, 2020

PUTTING SQUARES TOGETHER

 From last Saturday's Quilt Freedom Workshop, the little black and white project is coming along.  I finally figured out what I didn't like.  I had cut strips for the border from the black and white cat fabric.  The cats were evenly spaced and running around the edges.  That was not the look I was after, so it occurred to me to cut them into squares and rotate them to break up the pattern..  It looks a lot better now.

Before


After I cut the border fabric into squares.

Sewn into rows.

All sewn together...

After I got it all sewn together, I realized that I had, somewhere along the line, lost the black pieces in the bottom border.  Tomorrow I'm going to take that bottom border off and add some blacks to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment