Saturday, November 28, 2020

FLOATING STAIRS TOP

 I worked on my project from the Floating Stairs workshop most of the day and got it all put together.  I made some serious mistakes where the seams don't line up like they should.  But, I think for a first time it's not too bad.   The important thing is that I learned a lot about how to do it and what not to do.  I definitely need more practice at curves and y-seams.

I got all of the background attached to the 'drunkards path' squares, then we went out to lunch at Coastline Burgers.  Well, actually, we ordered online, picked it up and took our lunch to the lookout at Hamilton Viewpoint Park off California Avenue.

I got one seam where everything came together right.  Yea!


Back in the studio after lunch, I attended a Brave Patch meeting where I foundation pieced a lot of the scraps from this project while listening.  Afterwards I sewed everything together on the top.  It's done.
  


The background is Kona Prussian Blue, the orange is Kona Nectarine.  The dark purple is Kona Geranium and the lighter one is Kona Petal.





No comments:

Post a Comment