Sunday, February 25, 2024

QUILTCON SUNDAY

Stood in line to get my breakfast and coffee at Starbucks, with everyone else.  Then it was off to a lecture with Carole Lyles Shaw entitled Geometric Abstraction.


I met up with Claudia and her friend Anita.  We all went to Durham.  Anita was meeting up with an old friend for brunch.  Claudia and I went to some art museums.  First was a wonderful Art Deco Hotel, 41C, downtown Durham.  They had an electic collection of interesting art.


The Art Deco Lobby


The restrooms, with see thru walls.

But, luckily the glass would become opaque. 


Then we headed to Duke University to their Nasher Art Museum.  It was a very interesting building, too.  It was five-sided and the structure inside was a marvel, connecting the five 'buildings' which contained various exhibits with an open atrium.


I didn't take many pictures in the exhibits, but really enjoyed them.  We all headed back to Raleigh for a late lunch.  Claudia had found a great little place where you could get breakfast biscuits with egg, cheese and added bacon for under $9.  I splurged, it was delicious.


Then Claudia was nice enough to drive me to the airport.  I arrived a bit early because I was getting nervous.  I walked back and forth in the small airport, then sat and sketched the others waiting for the flight that wouldn't leave until 6:50pm.  It was the only non-stop flight I could find.


Good-bye Raleigh. Good-bye Quiltcon - until next year!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment