Sunday, March 31, 2024

END OF FIRST QUARTER

 I've been making a Sunrise block, pretty much every day since January 1st.  If I missed a day, I caught up the next time I was in the studio.  Today was the last block needed for this quilt top.  The Seattle Sunrise Q1 quilt is a top!  It's 70" by 84.5" and needs a good pressing.


I was also sewing the cutoffs, from trimming the blocks to size, together and it formed a really long piece, probably over 100".  And I also started just randomly sewing some of the other cutoff parts together because there were so many.  I think these pieces deserve to be a quilt of their own.  There's still a lot of scraps and I'll keep working on those.


Here's what the daily block would look like before I trimmed it to size.  I made them oversized because as I added the curves the blocks would become weird shaped.  


I kept really good records of the time of the sunrise each day, the colors I saw and the conditions.  I made some forms in excel.


I have three more sheets for the rest of the year.  I've been saying that when I finished this first quarter I was done.  But, I thought of an idea that I'd like to try.  So, I'm going to keep records about the next quarter and make blocks for it.... I think.  I just don't want to be tied to making a block every day.  And, I don't want to get way behind either.  So, we'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment