Saturday, July 20, 2024

SPIDER WEB

We've been watching Quiltfolk Magazine's Block of the Month for 2024 called "Break the Rules".  Every month they talk to Roderick Kiracofe about his book Unexpected and Unconventional.  Roderick talks about one (or sometimes more) quilt(s) in the book.  This month was the Spider Web quilt.  

That reminded me of the Spider Web quilt I made years ago.  I got it out and took pictures.

Back in the late 1990's at Pieces Quilt Shop, a group of us had gotten together to make some quilts with lots of different plaids.  Everyone contributed fabrics, so there was a lot of plaids.  We'd throw the pre-cut plaid pieces in the middle of a big conference table and we'd all set up our machines around it and pull out pieces and sew, sew, sew.

This Spider Web was made from strips of the plaids from that time.  I didn't finish it until January of 2004.  I quilted it on my domestic machine, a Bernina 1230. We use this quilt.


I had this really great weird fabric that was perfect for the backing.





No comments:

Post a Comment