Thursday, January 07, 2010

CARVING ISSUES


You should have your plan worked out before you start cutting. That's rule one, right?

"Measure twice, cut once."


"Haste makes waste."


"Think twice before making a final decision."


To give myself credit, I did have it all worked out before I started cutting. I just came up with a better plan.






"Don't change horses in the middle of the stream."



Anyway, long story, short blog about it:

I decided the only way I could make my print the way I wanted was to use a stencil....didn't really want to do that (stencils have their own issues), so I was hesitant, but started in.



I made lots of drawings, using first watercolor, then (even better) colored pencils. I made all kinds of colored drawings.

And, then I started cutting. And then I came up with a better idea. And I re-cut. And then came up with an even better idea, but I had cut out the wrong part already. Drat!

So, I got out the putty.

I guess I could come up with an even better plan if the putty doesn't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment