Friday, June 19, 2015


It was raining lightly when I started this morning.  I began by trimming the tree a little, and then digging the hole for the skimmer.

When I started putting it all together I realized the pump wasn't fitting in there correctly.  I called Russell Water Gardens where I bought it.  They said it sounded like they gave me the wrong part.  I could mail it in or bring it back and exchange it for the correct one.

I was more than a little pissed - this was their mistake, yet I was the one going to pay for it with a 2 hour round trip drive to Redmond (in the worst traffic around).  They were very unsympathetic.  After I cussed for a while and took it out on the pond hole with the shovel, I decided to bite the bullet and just get it over with before the traffic got worse.

I made them put it together for me so I was sure it would fit.

Anyway, back home...I got the skimmer installed, finished digging the hole and glued in the piping.  I'm all ready to put the liner in tomorrow - Darrell said he'd help.

Skimmer installed and leveled.

View from the other side.

Got the pipes all ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment