Saturday, June 30, 2018

JELLY ROLL MESS

Oh my!  I think this is the first time I've worked with a Jelly Roll of fabrics.  My , my, they are messy.  There is just an abundance of little fibers from the edges that have been pinked.  It's everywhere!  
So, I bought this quilt kit a while ago and have been working on it lately.  The Jelly Roll strips need to be sewn into groups of four; I need 18 strip sets.


I had to run out to Pacific Fabrics yesterday to buy template material.  I needed some that I could iron for the circles that will go in the middle of the blocks, and just some regular, thick template for the wedges.

Once the strip sets are sewn together, they had to be ironed.  Then using the wedge template I made, I cut out six wedges from each strip set.



After I got the wedges all cut out, I quit for the day so I could go pick up the husband at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment