Tuesday, August 07, 2018

DETERMINED

I sat down determined to finish the last row on the Frolic quilt and get it off the machine.

But...

When I rolled it down, I discovered the top was longer than the back.  OMG!

I've seen video on how to fix this, but jeez, what a pain.

So, I set about fixing it.

I unrolled the finished part and cut off the excess from the sides and sewed a bunch of pieces together to get a 3-1/2" strip.  It's only about an inch short, but just to be sure.

The shortage.


Here it is with the extra strip pinned up underneath.  A good suggestion on the video was to use the clamps as extra hands.

I used my wooden iron to press open the seams.  As you can see, I took about an inch of seam allowance (inadvertantly) on the new strip, which caused it to be just barely long enough.  At first, I thought I might have to rip it out and redo it.  I lucked out.  Lesson learned:  don't skimp on the backing and don't skimp on the repair and watch where you pin it together.



No comments:

Post a Comment