Thursday, August 16, 2018

MORE ON THE JOURNEY

This new project I've jumped into is called "Journey to Fall Paducah".  Its a free pattern from AQS.

I went to the fabric store and bought 6 yards of Kona black.  I'll use the colors that I already have.

I made the second block today.


Then I had problems with those darn paper pieced corners again.  I'm ready to blame it on the instructions and the size they say to cut the pieces.  They were too short.  I made some notes and will cut them bigger next time.

BUT, these blocks finish at 15" and there are 36 of them, making the quilt 103" by 103".  Too big to fit on my longarm.  Too big for anything.

So, now I'm thinking about modifying the block borders to make the whole quilt smaller.  So, maybe I won't need those darn corner blocks.


I had a little time to whip out the next Splendid Sampler 2 block.  Well, it's not finished, but it's ready to be hand appliqued.


No comments:

Post a Comment