Sunday, August 26, 2018

MAKING BACKS

I took the dogs on an extra long walk this morning so I could justify spending the rest of the day sewing.

First up was another Alphabet letter.






After lunch, I was bored, I guess.  I pulled out a very very old project and made a back for it.

This is a Drunkard's Path variation made from Rose & Hubble fabrics with a beer motif.  The top was ready to go, all I had to do was put the back together.



After I finished that, I thought I should probably make a back for the Mortar and Putty quilt top I recently finished.

I came up with the crazy idea to make the back with the crosses like the front blocks have.

I made the back and then sliced into it.  I wondered how to do that, since it's bigger than my cutting table.  Then I realized I could draw a line on it while it was hanging on the wall using the tape measure as a straight edge.  I drew a pencil line across it, then took it to the cutting table and cut it.



I'll do the other two tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment