Monday, August 20, 2018

SPACE NEEDLE

Darrell's 10 year old granddaughter Hailey is spending a few days with us.  

We went to breakfast at Lowell's in the Pike Place Market and then on to the Space Needle.  They have just remodeled it putting new glass floors on the floor that revolves, where the restaurant once resided.  They have also removed the solid railings from the Observation Deck and put in floor to ceiling glass walls that tilt out at the top.  I knew I wouldn't walk out onto the glass floors, but I was surprised at how disconcerting it all was to me.  My legs ached the whole time we were up there.  I clung to the inner walls and didn't look straight down.  
The sun was bright red this morning because of all the wildfire smoke.

We found a great place to park on the street.


These glass benches lean so you can lean back on the glass if you're brave enough.


I hung my camera over the stair railing that winds around the glass 'Occulus' which looks straight down to the ground.

Darrell was brave enough to venture out onto the glass floor.


The views would have been excellent, but for the smokey haze.

Hailey was brave too.



The glass at the bottom of the 'Occulus' stairs.



Goodbye Space Needle, I probably won't be visiting you again, sadly.
After that adventure, we headed to the waterfront, where we found another great parking spot on the street.  We walked down to Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, of course.  Then it was on to the new ride, "Wings Over Washington".  That was fun!  They won't let you take pictures, but here are some of the 'characters' that great you on the way in.




After lunch at Uncle Eddie's in South Park, we came home and I went up to the studio to work on my City Sampler blocks.




 Hailey was busy drawing horses - she loves horses.



Jax was busy napping.


And I sewed on...





No comments:

Post a Comment