Tuesday, February 16, 2021

WILDFLOWER TWO

 Back in the studio after our morning walk (in the melting snow), I got to work on the second block for the Wildflower quilt.

Funny story - this set of blocks was strips of dark, light, dark, light, dark, light with a different color on the bottom.  The instructions, again, called for making them in a 'birthday cake' style and then trimming them down.  That is such a waste of fabric, so I thought I could do it by sewing all of the strips together, except for the bottom one, and then cutting triangles, alternating up and down from the strip set.  Then adding the last colored strip to the bottom.  While I was deciding on which fabrics to use, I thought 'wouldn't a gradation of colors look great?'.  So, I did it that way sewing all of the strips together.  Then it struck me that they'd be alternating when I cut them from the strip.  Oh well, I like it like this anyway.



Not sure which way I like it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment