Friday, June 04, 2021

PARK INVASION

 Lincoln Park was invaded by a TV production company today.  I went there to sketch it.  

The parking lot was full of big box vans full of equipment and carts.  There were Teamsters just hanging around, waiting.


It was obvious where they were filming.


There were tents and port-a-potties set up all along the way.


They were filming in the big open field where folks usually throw balls for their dogs.  They had a smoke machine going with lots of people hanging about.  Everywhere there were 'director' chairs, too.  When they started shooting, the actors emerged from the trees to confront an another actor wearing what looked like a monk's outfit.  The Monk had a staff and the actors were dressed in 'Robin Hood' type clothing.  There was yelling and a sword fight.


I watched and sketched while they did a few 'takes'.  It seemed pretty silly.  The writing was bad and so was the acting.  I wasn't allowed to get very close.

I was told they were filming season 2.  When I got home I looked the show up.  It's "Three Busy Debras" on HBO.  The first season was all available to stream.  Most of the episodes were only 11-14 minutes long.  I watched a few - it was really bad and stupid.  I don't understand how they can spend so much money on something so bad. Do people really enjoy and watch it?  I don't get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment